Protecting your Business from Cold Weather and Winter Conditions
Winter is here and the weather is only going to get worse! The bitter cold and winter storms can have a huge impact on your business. Frigid temperatures, heavy snow and ice can all contribute to property damage. Whether you are ready for it or not, SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor wants you and your property to be prepared for the winter weather in Colorado.
While you cannot control the weather, you can make efforts to be prepared and protect your property. To help avoid damages due to inclement winter weather conditions, consider taking the following precautions to protect your Saginaw business before more winter weather hits.
Protect your Property:
- Check your roof: Both snow and ice can damage your roof and could potentially cause the roof to collapse. Water can also get into cracks and expand when it freezes, causing larger cracks on your roof.
- Ensure your pipes are insulated: Frigid temperate can cause pipes to freeze and break, which can lead to flooding in your business.
- Protect your people: Clear sidewalks and plow parking lots for the safety of your customers, clients and employees. Avoid injuries and accidents by taking the proper precautions. Removing snow and ice can prevent people from getting hurt.
- Ice Dams: When snow melts unevenly and freezes at the edge of your roof, an ice dam is created which prevents melted snow from draining off the roof. The water can leak under the shingle and into your business, causing significant water damage.
- Snow-melt Flooding: Heavy amounts of snowfall and sheets of ice turn into a large amount of water, which all must go somewhere. Beware of snow-melt flooding and call SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor if your business has water damage from flooding.
SERVPRO of Greeley/Windsor is your local mitigation company that responds quickly to a water or fire, or mold damage emergency, 24 hours a day. Whether the damage occurs in a small business building in Greeley/Windsor, or a big box store, we have the training, experience, and equipment to handle the situation. Our national network of 1,800 franchises gives us access to personnel and resources so no job is too big. If your business has been damaged by winter conditions, call 970-353-1388.